We spend more than 90% of our time indoors in our homes and offices. For this reason, we want to make sure that the indoor air quality is good enough. One of the best and most efficient methods to meet air quality recommendations and requirements is installing an air purifier. There are other benefits of air purifiers that we are going to discuss in this article.
What Are The Advantages of Getting An Air Purifier?
If you are still trying to decide whether to buy an air purifier for your home, here is a list of benefits of this device that will help you make the right decision:
- Improved air quality. One of the main benefits of air purifiers you should know about is that they can improve the quality of the air. They do it by effectively removing dangerous chemicals and particles from the air. Purifiers are equipped with special filters created to eliminate pollen, dust, and other pollutants. If you do not remove them, they can have a serious negative impact on your health. Air purifiers get rid of these contaminants, improve the air, and create a healthy atmosphere.
- Reduced asthma and allergy symptoms. Many people have asthma and allergies that are serious health problems that should not be ignored. However, people often do not know that they can get rid of these health issues by simply installing an air purifier. Air purifiers can be especially beneficial for people with sensitive respiratory systems, such as older people and children.
- Reduction of odors. If you are experiencing the problem of unpleasant odors, air purifiers can also solve this issue easily. The filters in air purifiers can be especially effective at removing unpleasant odors from pets, smoke, cooking, and others. Having an air purifier is the perfect way for creating a fresh and pleasant indoor environment.
- Improved productivity in the workplace. Believe it or not, poor air quality can lead to poor and decreased productivity in the workplace. It also contributes to overall poor health of employees and increased sick days. You may notice seasonality in a higher number of sick days during certain months or even times of the day. If you install air purifiers in your office, you will notice soon that your employees become more productive, get sick less often, and feel more comfortable in their workplace.
- A better sleep at night. The results of numerous studies have shown that poor air quality is associated with less restful and unhealthy sleep at night. These studies have also found that pollutants in the air increase the risk of sleep apnea, a serious sleep disorder, in which breathing stops and restarts multiple times while you sleep. An air purifier eliminates various contaminants in the air by helping the body to focus on getting rest instead.
- Reduced risk of diabetes. Did you know that over 400 million people in the world suffer from diabetes? Also, over 1.5 million people die from the complications of this disease every year. It might be surprising for you to learn, but poor air quality is actually associated with diabetes. Those who work or live in the environment with bad air quality are at a higher risk of developing diabetes later in life. For this reason, it is a good idea to install an air purifier that will remove dangerous contaminants from the air and improve the quality of the air.
- Prevention of mold growth. Mold is a common and serious issue that effects homes and offices. Once you get mold, it might be hard to get rid of it. However, you can prevent mold from growing with the help of air purifiers.If you use an air purifier, the risk of mold growth is extremely low.
Are you still thinking about installing an air purifier? If you are from Gaithersburg, Maryland or any other nearby area, you should reach out to GAC Services that specializes in air purifiers and offers a variety of air purification services.